This session is designed to pass on knowledge and best practice enabling your team to better serve and meet the needs of clients, customers and service users of all genders, particularly those who fall under the Transgender umbrella.
Drawing upon Andro and Eve’s extensive experience in meeting the needs of the LGBTQIA community in creating safe and inclusive events, this session covers;
- Context – Where are we at with Trans Rights in the UK?
- Terminology – Words have impact. We explore definitions and when to use.
- Best practice – Looking at case studies and practical steps to implement, in order to be inclusive of transgender and gender diverse people.
- Sharing experiences – Stories help us make sense of the world. We use practical exercises to help develop understanding.
In doing so you will;
- Feel more confident in your knowledge of the experiences of people who identify as LGBTQ+.
- Understand what gender inclusive language is and when to use.
- Understand the practical steps to help build gender inclusive practices and spaces.
- Take away your own resource sheet with content covered in the session along with further advice and resources.
The session is 2.5 hours long with a ten minute comfort break built in. It is best accessed on a laptop or desktop computer.
ACCESSIBILITY: This session takes place online via Zoom. A link will be sent out the day before the event. This session will not be captioned, but it is supported by slides containing text and visuals.