Trans+ Hangouts is LGBT Hero’s Transgender, Non-binary, gender exploratory and gender non-conforming Zoom group for 18+. We run twice a month You can be out to everyone or questioning, we welcome everyone on the trans spectrum. You are welcome to communicate however you feel comfortable, with cameras on or off or just using text chat.
You will receive a link for the Zoom meeting after signing up, shortly before the meet up. Please email [email protected] if you have any questions or need any support attending.
Why Come To a Zoom Hangout?
Here are some reasons people have said the come to Zoom meet ups –
- To meet new people who I would not encounter in person.
- They are more accessible to me due to my health requirements
- I don’t have to worry about people I know seeing me while I am out
- I can fit them into my day easily and still come along when I’m busy
- Socialising can be really hard and awkward, I find it easier on Zoom
The sessions will be held on Zoom every other Thursday of the month between 7.00pm – 8:00pm.
- Please add your pronouns to the display name on Zoom.
- Please join the session with your mics on mute.
- You do not have to have your camera on, you just do what you feel comfortable with. However, we believe to get the most out of the session, you might benefit from seeing some friendly faces.
- When someone else is speaking, we ask that you keep yourselves on mute.
- Please be respectful. We have zero tolerance for any kind of bullying/harassment. Anyone who exhibits this behaviour will be removed from the sessions.
- You are welcome to leave at anytime if you feel uncomfortable or anxious, just let us know in the chat.
- Do not attempt to contact other members outside the group unless they have made it clear they consent to this.
We are not a crisis service, we can do our best to support you or answer questions but we are primarily a social group. If you are experiencing a mental health crisis please follow THIS link.
Trans+ is funded by the National Lottery Community Fund as part of a joint mental health programme in partnership with London Friend and Elop. LGBT HERO is funded to deliver online support groups for LGBTQ+ people. Trans+ is part of this work.