Lesbian, Bisexual and Trans Women’s Health Week
LBT Women's Health Week
Countdown to LBT Women's Health Week 2024
The aim of LBT Women’s Health Week is to raise awareness about lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and queer women’s health inequalities, to make it easier for service providers to empower service users and for communities to support LGBTQ women.
The week is also an opportunity to celebrate, highlight, and learn from the work of groups and services which provide dedicated support to the women in our communities.
LBT Women's Health Week involves:
- supporting LGBT and other VCSE organisations to put on events and activities during the week,
- working with partners to plan panels, webinars and learning sessions,
- opportunities to bring together the people working at all levels to improve LGBTQ women’s health to network and celebrate with each other,
- online wellbeing events for the LBT community, and
- working with sector and media partners to get wide coverage of the week and the health issues we’ll be highlighting.
If any of the above interests you, please get in touch with Laura Clarke
*LBT Women's Health Week is a week aimed at lesbian, bisexual and trans women, and frontline workers and healthcare providers who work with them. Occasionally, our events cover topics that are widely considered to be "women's" health issues, such as as pregnancy, menopause, menstruation, cervical health, etc. We recognise that such issues are not limited to cis women, and that some trans men and non-binary people may relate to these experiences. Therefore, some of our events of this nature indicate that they are appropriate for women and anybody who may experience the specific health issue (e.g. "women and people who experience menopause"). We welcome trans men and non-binary people to attend our events when the event is indicated this way, however please only do so if you feel comfortable. Events without this indicator are intended for only cis and trans women.