Lesbian, Bisexual and Trans Women’s Health Week
LBT+ Women's Health Week
Countdown to LBT+ Women's Health Week 2024
The aim of LBT+ Women’s Health Week is to raise awareness about lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and queer women’s health inequalities, to make it easier for service providers to empower service users and for communities to support LGBTQ women.
The week is also an opportunity to celebrate, highlight, and learn from the work of groups and services which provide dedicated support to the women in our communities.
LBT+ Women's Health Week involves:
- supporting LGBT and other VCSE organisations to put on events and activities during the week,
- working with partners to plan panels, webinars and learning sessions,
- opportunities to bring together the people working at all levels to improve LGBTQ women’s health to network and celebrate with each other,
- online wellbeing events for the LBT+ community, and
- working with sector and media partners to get wide coverage of the week and the health issues we’ll be highlighting.
If any of the above interests you, please get in touch with Laura Clarke
*LBT+ Women's Health Week is a week aimed at lesbian, bisexual and trans women, and frontline workers and healthcare providers who work with them. Occasionally, our events cover topics that are widely considered to be "women's" health issues, such as as fertility, menopause, menstruation, cervical health, etc. We recognise that such issues are not limited to cis women, and that some trans, non-binary & intersex people may relate to these experiences. Therefore, we advertise our events as being open to LBT+ women and femme-aligned people — if you feel an event is right for you, then it is.*