We are crowdfunding for vital funds to directly support trans organisations and the trans people they work with.
Trans communities in the UK have come under relentless attacks in recent years, initially in the media, and more recently through several targeted court cases against trans inclusion or trans capability within public bodies. Throughout the UK, trans people continue to face multiple and intersecting challenges to all aspects of their human rights, safety, dignity and freedoms.
Consortium is asking for your support in urgently raising money to support the Trans Organisations Network, a group of over 60 trans-led organisations , hosted by Consortium, who work together to provide operational and strategic support to some of the most marginalised communities in society.
LGBT+ Communities are strongest when we work together. This pride month, we are asking our communities to show their support to the Trans Organisations Network and donate to help continue supporting vital trans services and community groups in the fight for the rights and dignity of trans people in all aspects of their lives.
We are asking you to support us in our goal of raising £10,000 to support the ongoing running of the Trans Organisations Network, a vital resource for trans and non-binary community and voluntary organisations.
By supporting today, and standing #TogetherWithTrans, you will be making a vital contribution towards the important work of the network across areas including:
- Building a strong community voice to ensure external stakeholders listen to the needs of trans communities.
- Connecting trans groups with decision making and key policy work, providing evidence to inquiries and fighting for accountability on trans issues.
- Developing community-wide trans-specific campaigns in important areas such as GRA reform.
- Bringing trans groups together through regular strategic and peer support networks which secure the future resilience and success of trans organisations in their life saving work with trans and non-binary communities.
By supporting us beyond our initial target, funds raised above £10,000 and up to £20,000, we will be directed towards extending staffing capacity and community engagement for a full year to provide much-needed ongoing support and develop new opportunities.
This additional capacity could :
- Support communications and strategy building for advocacy and influencing work, defending the rights, safety and dignity of trans communities at all levels.
- Build capacity to provide one-to-one support to grassroots trans organisations in crucial areas such as sustainability and governance.
- Contribute to the development of positive media campaigns and storytelling to pushback against hostile, misleading and damaging anti-trans rhetoric.
If our communities come together, and raise over £20,000, these additional funds will form a trans-specific funding stream which Consortium will distribute as grants to support the incredible, life-saving work of trans organisations. Consortium are an experienced and trusted grant maker, with experience in distributing almost £1,000,000 in onward funding.
With your support, we want to create a trans community fund to enable smaller trans-led organisations to build their own capacity and reach more trans people with support, services and community.
Thank you for your support, and for sharing our values of community, compassion, freedom and dignity for all. Together, we are stronger.