The Rainbow Project is a health organisation that works to improve the physical, mental & emotional health and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual and/or transgender people in Northern Ireland.
The Rainbow Project is devoted to promoting the health and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual and/or transgender people and their families in Northern Ireland, as well as those questioning their orientation or gender, through partnership, advocacy and the development and delivery of appropriate support services.
This mission will be achieved by:
- Introducing best practice based on evaluation of services, research and engagement with partners and LGB&T people.
- Being innovative in both the development and delivery of services.
- Working in partnership, with statutory, community voluntary and private sector organisations to ensure the needs of LGB&T people in Northern Ireland are met.
- Influencing policy by lobbying policymakers in constructive and concerted campaigns.
- Raising awareness of The Rainbow Projects expertise in relation to issues impacting on LGB&T people in Northern Ireland.