AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
· To organise an ANNUAL EVENT known as “SHETLAND PRIDE” that celebrates the LGBTQ+ identity and community within Shetland that is none-the-less inclusive and welcomes all from all locations anywhere.
· To help foster an environment of diversity, tolerance, inclusivity and equality in Shetland and where relevant, nationwide & internationally.
· To showcase the creative and artistic talents of LGBTQ+ people and their allies in Shetland.
· To organise such events, year round that will support and fundraise for the above.
· To raise awareness of LGBTQ+ history in Shetland and beyond.
Although we have been operating ShetlandLGBTQ.org.uk since 2018, Shetland Pride is brand new organisation that was formed on 9th May 2021.
We already have a written General Constitution.
We have organised a Committee of twelve members including the Chairperson, Secretary & Treasurer.
We are currently organising Shetland Pride 2022 which will take place 2nd & 3rd July 2022.
We were contacted by the Lottery Community Fund and after a discussion will be submitting an application for an initial grant of £10,000 (once our bank account has been finalised which is in process).
We applied to join UKPON and we are now a Provisional Member.
We are aiming to have Charitable (SCIO) status ASAP and we are in the process of completing and submitting our application to OSCR as soon as our Treasurers bank account is made available, which has been approved subject to the usual credit checks.