SAYiT (Sheena Amos Youth Trust) is a registered independent charity which has been running in Sheffield since 1999. We are a lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans plus (LGBT+) young people and sexual health/HIV charity and our core function is to transform the lives of LGBT+ young people and young people affected by HIV, up to the age of 25 through supportive group work, youth action, education and influence. SAYiT’s Vision
To create an environment that supports the sexual and emotional wellbeing of young people and empowers LGBT+ young people and those affected by HIV to transform their own lives and that of their peers by addressing issues of awareness, developing knowledge and addressing organisational discrimination and inequality.
To build an integrated youth led service that balances service delivery and activism in order to support the sexual health and emotional well-being of all young people through the provision of specialised support and social opportunities, with a particular focus on empowering LGBT+ young people and those young people affected by HIV.
- Group work and 1:1s for young people aged 11 – 25
- Support for parents and carers of young LGBT+ people
- Education sessions delivered directly to all young people in schools and youth settings in Sheffield on: LGBT+ awareness and support; HIV; and Sexual Health
- Assemblies delivered directly to all young people in schools and youth settings in Sheffield on: LGBT+ awareness and support; Anti-bullying; PRIDE; HIV; and Sexual Health
- Support with developing and sustaining Gender and Sexualities (GSA) groups for all young people in Sheffield schools and other youth settings
- LGBT+ Domestic Abuse work – consulting LGBT+ people and advising/training organisations
- Training for workers and adult volunteers delivered at a central Sheffield venue
- Bespoke training courses to meet your specific needs at a venue of your choice in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, and nationally.To refer a young person to one of our groups – Fruitbowl or Prism – email email@example.com or call us 0114 241 2728.