At Say It Loud Club, our vision is for a world where LGBTQ+ people can express their sexuality and gender identity safely and with pride. Until this is possible, we believe the UK should provide a place of safety for LGBTQ+ refugees and asylum seekers, providing an environment in which everyone can flourish as their true self.
Say It Loud Club is the community of LGBTQ+ refugees and asylum seekers in the UK. We are committed to providing social, emotional, educational and advocacy support for LGBTQ+ refugees and asylum seekers in the UK.
We engage with our members through one-on-one mentoring, workshops, social events, peer support, and referral to partner organisations for legal, financial, health and housing support.
As a community, we:
● Encourage openness, helping our members gain the confidence to openly embrace their true identity, often for the first time.
● Promote safety, supporting LGBTQ+ people to seek asylum on the basis of their sexuality and to escape unsafe living situations in the UK.
● Uphold good-health, running workshops and advocating for access to improve physical, mental and sexual health, particularly support to overcome trauma.
● Socialise, providing opportunities to come together as a community and supporting each other to integrate into new communities and UK society.
● Advocate nationally to protect the rights of LGBTQ+ refugees and asylum seekers, advocate for a fair and humane asylum process and improve support for our community.