LGBT Youth London (previously known as Proud North London) provides youth services for LGBT+ Young people aged 11-25 in North and East London. We offer support, advocacy, and opportunities for personal development and social interaction for those who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual transgender, queer and other sexual orientation and gender identity expressions (LGBT+ SOGIE).
As an organisation we aim to provide:
- Safe environments for LGBT+ Youth and their allies to foster learning, interaction and identity affirmation.
- Space and opportunities that Inspire and promote a young persons’ self-identity through innovative and targeted developmental programmes.
- Opportunities and activities that are diverse and open to all.
- Raising awareness and promotion of understanding, acceptance and inclusion for LGBT+ Youth.
Our Mission is to:
Support lesbian, gay bisexual, transgender, queer, those uncertain of their identity youth by providing programme curriculums and opportunities that foster unconditional acceptance, and create safe spaces for individual learning, self-expression and identity development, through inspiration, community support, advocacy and leadership.
Our Values & Beliefs:
Acceptance, Confidentiality, Empowerment, Educational, Equitable, Expressive, Honesty, Individuality, Inclusive, Leadership, Participative, Respect, Social Change
What is on offer:
- LGBT+ Youth Groups – Safe and supportive spaces to meet other LGBT young people.
- Mentoring & Advocacy – We can help support LGBT+ Youth with face-to-face working, helping to overcome barriers and issues that are preventing positive outcomes.
- Training – LGBT+ Awareness, Diversity & Inclusion, supporting LGBT+ youth as a professional, and how to establish your own LGBT+ Youth projects.
- Events and Social Action – Attending community events and enabling young people to participate within their community to foster LGBT+ Inclusion and Identity.
- Residentials and Away Days – opportunities for young people to go away from their local communities and explore what it means to be LGBT+ and learn more about their identity.