The North Northants LGBT+ Forum is 1 year in operation this December. It is made up of a number of community groups, organisations, statutory bodies, and members of the public all across North Northants.
We come together to promote equality across the county, signpost to key services, identify gaps in provision and work with the relevant bodies to find solutions to those gaps.
Some of the work we have done recently include:
- Petitioning the local MPs to stand against conversion therapy.
- Representation at local events to spread awareness of support organisations.
- Plan LGBT+ events across the county throughout the year.
We are also currently working on:
- Creation and delivery of LGBT+ specific training for care providers to increase the levels of inclusivity and provision within the services.
- Working with business across the county to deliver training and materials to ensure a safe North Northants.
- Working with the Integrated Care System to constructively challenge their vision and direction of travel.
- Deliver an inclusive education conference each year..
- Support with Pride planning across the county.