Supporting, resourcing, and celebrating LGBTQ+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans+, queer and questioning) communities in South West England and the professionals working alongside them
WHO WE SUPPORT?
– We’re here to support anyone who identifies as being diverse in, or is questioning, their gender identity, sexual orientation or relationship (GSRD).
– Family and friends of LGBTQ+ people
– Professionals who identify as LGBTQ+ or who have an LGBTQ+ family member
– Individual therapy and wellbeing professionals who want to improve their awareness and support to LGBTQ+ clients
– Organisations who want to improve their practice to do more than just tick a box when working with LGBTQ+ communities
WHAT WE DO?
– We provide a directory of therapy and wellbeing professionals who have shown a commitment to working affirmatively with LGBTQ+ clients and their families so people can make contact with the right professional for them
– We provide events, courses and groups that are relevant and meaningful, for example,
– Wellbeing course for trans+ adults (18+)
– Monthly peer support for for LGBTQ+ counsellors, wellbeing professionals and trainee counselling students
– Legal webinars
– LGBTQ+ awareness for HR professionals and employers
– Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for therapists and wellbeing professionals
– While we are a small organisation with limited resources, we do what we can to further the interests of the LGBTQ+ communities, for example through responding to surveys from our professional counselling bodies, responding to government consultations, media and attending events that are relevant to our aims.