LGBT+ Support Service
If you are a young person in the North East and identify as LGBT+ we provide friendly and practical support around gender identity and/or sexual orientation. This includes the opportunity to meet other LGBT+ young people.
Get in touch with us for a chat. We will talk to you about your needs and agree a support plan tailored for you.
We can help with:
• one to one sessions with one of our experienced team members
• sexual health guidance
• support to access clinical gender identity services
• the opportunity to meet other LGBT+ young people in your area
• family support
• hate crime reporting
• fun activities and sessions such as sailing, meals, climbing, etc. in a safe space
If you would like to access support, fill in our referral form on our webpage (https://humankindcharity.org.uk/service/lgbt-north-east/) and return it to [email protected].
Trans & Non-Binary Service
If you are an adult living in Northumberland or Tyne & Wear and identify as trans or non-binary, we provide friendly and practical support around gender identity. This includes the opportunity to meet other trans & non-binary people from your local area.
We can help with:
• One-to-one support around gender identity (and sexual orientation, as required)
• Group support (opportunities to meet other trans and non-binary people and to hear from specialists)
• Support to access clinical gender identity services
• Hate crime reporting support
• Other support depending on your needs
If you would like to access support, fill in our referral form on our webpage (https://humankindcharity.org.uk/service/trans-non-binary/) and return it to [email protected].
We are proud to offer a range of informative, thought-provoking, and engaging training sessions. We create opportunities for discussion and reflection and ensure that our sessions are interactive throughout.
We deliver CPD accredited training and consultancy workshops for professionals and young people on a range of topics including LGBT+ Awareness, Gender Identity Awareness and Being an LGBT+ Ally.
Humankind is also proud to be delivering The Rainbow Flag Award to schools and colleges across County Durham, Tees Valley, Tyne and Wear, and Northumberland.
The Rainbow Flag Award is a national quality assurance framework which focuses on positive LGBT+ inclusion and visibility. The award encourages a whole organisation approach to LGBT+ inclusion, as well as developing strategies to effectively challenge and combat LGBTphobic bullying.
For more information about our training sessions or to enquire about booking, visit our website (https://humankindcharity.org.uk/service/lgbt-training/) or contact us at [email protected].