elop is an award-winning LGBT+ mental health and wellbeing charity with over 26yrs years’ experience of providing high quality, professional, LGBTQ+ affirmative mental health and wellbeing services to LGBTQ+ communities across London and Essex borders; along with advocating and providing LGBTQ+ voice, consultation, awareness raising, and dedicated LGBTQ+ education programmes and training services to professionals, schools & education, and the non-profit, public, health and corporate sectors.
All elop services are provided by LGBTQ+ community members who are appropriately trained, qualified and/ or highly experienced in their area of practice.
elop’s direct support services include:
- LGBTQ+ low-cost counselling service, comprising of youth counselling, 1:1 adult 18+ counselling, and relationship/ couples counselling, with occasional family support;
- LGBTQ+ mental health crisis prevention & support service, comprising of a range of psychoeducation, individual and group support incl. individualised mental health & safety plans; mental wellbeing workshops; LBT women’s trauma support group; LGBTQ+ mental health support group;
- LGBTQ+ wellbeing services comprising of a wide range of support, intervention, programmes, groups, activities & events, incl. weekly 50+ LGBTQ+ social support meet-up group; twice monthly 18-25’s LGBTQ+ young adults’ group; weekly LGBTQ+ support group; weekly GBT men’s dance & exercise programme; GBT men’s movement for mind, weekly walk and talk sessions; weekly LGBTQ+ asylum support group; weekly LBT women’s social support group; monthly LGBTQ+ families (parents & children) meet-up & activity; LGBTQ+ befriending groups; and Tower Hamlets LGBTQ+ community forum & events;
- LGBTQ+ children & youth peoples service comprising of 1:1 mentoring support, weekly 12-15s LGBTQ+ youth group, weekly 15-18s, LGBTQ+ youth group, and schools LGBTQ+ awareness education & training programmes for students & pupils;
- LGBTQ+ volunteering; and
- LGBTQ+ education & training services comprising of varied one-off workshops, Q&A’s, consultation, training series, programmes and/ or courses, many of which are often bespoke; along with a newly developed Foundation Course in LGBTQ+ Affirmative Counselling skills.