Cara-Friend was established in 1974 as a volunteer led service provision organisation for the LGBTQI+ community in Northern Ireland. We advocate unceasingly for inclusion and equality for the LGBTQI+ community.
Our services include:
– LGBTQI+ Youth Services
– Trans, Non-Binary and Gender Diverse Specific Youth Services
– LGBTQI+ Helpline/Switchboard
– LGBTQI+ Inclusive Schools’ Charter and Education Services
– LGBTQI+ Inclusive Business Charter
– LGBTQI+ Community Development Services & Events
– LGBTQI+ Mental Health & Mindfulness Project
– LGBTQI+ Family Support Project
– LGBTQI+ Awareness Training
– Advocacy, Campaigning, Policy and Volunteering
There are many reasons why someone might contact us, but whatever the reason, our volunteers are trained and understanding and will offer support in confidence to anyone regarding sexual orientation and gender identity, including parents and families of LGBTQI+ people.
An additional part of our work is to educate and inform the public, and we are pleased to provide speakers at meetings of other organisations.
Office Hours: 11 - 3
Please check out website to see when our groups meet