Bury LGBT aims to assist those over the age of 25, who identify as LGBT+ or those looking for advice and information on LGBT+ in the Bury and surrounding areas.
We create awareness projects to educate, peer support, and empower people to achieve their full potential without the fear of discrimination, hate, or prejudices. In Bury, there are over 4,000 people who identify as LGBT+
- We strive to be inclusive and open in our work, to challenge discrimination, and to consult, involve and inform the individuals and the communities we serve.
- We provide opportunities for people to engage in making Bury a place in which everyone, whatever their sexual orientation or gender identity, can live free from hatred, prejudice, and discrimination.
- Bury LGBT+ aims to bring about equality and improve the rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and Plus (LGBT+) people in Bury.
- Communicate and exchange ideas across the borough to raise the profile and importance of our work.
- To respect and welcome everyone’s individuality and journeys.
- To work with local groups and charities for the LGBT+ community to create a diverse community.
- To empower the LGBT+ community to reach its full potential.
- To stand in solidarity with all LGBT+ people regardless of class, race, gender, age, ability, beliefs, or culture.
We are run by those who have experience with the issues we cover and aim to offer peer support to LGBT+ people and those looking for advice.