An opportunity has opened at Yorkshire MESMAC to be involved in a new, exciting partnership project, focussed on improving mental health & wellbeing for men working in the West Yorkshire health and care sectors. Bring your passion to eliminate mental health stigma and skills to build truly accessible mental health services, to share with our dynamic project team from across MESMAC and Touchstone
Yorkshire MESMAC is a group of independent community based sexual health and social wellbeing services that are committed to developing and delivering services that are responsive to the needs of our communities. We are seeking to appoint the following:
Community Development Worker- Men in Health, 30 hours per week
(description not exhaustive – refer to the job description & person specification for more details)
Improve the mental health and wellbeing of male West Yorkshire Health Care Partnership employees and volunteers. To focus especially on work with those who are not clinical staff and/or who don’t currently access health services.
- Establish team mental health and wellbeing networks for men working & volunteering in the NHS and social care.
- Facilitate access to activities for men to engage in and promote discussion around mental health & wellbeing.
- Improve mental health & wellbeing by developing and delivering:
- Signposting & referral pathways.
- Support groups.
- Mental health events.
Main responsibilities & Duties
- To produce online and printed mental health & wellbeing resources.
- To develop ways of working around perceived, felt and expressed needs men working and volunteering in health and social care, around their mental health and wellbeing.
- To provide online support around mental health & wellbeing through direct message, forums and social media campaigns.
NJC scale 6 (points 18-22) starting at £25,419 -£27,514 (pro rata) per annum for 30 hours per week. Contract is one-year fixed term from start date. There is a 5% workplace pension and membership of Paycare additions. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS with barred lists check.
Completed applications to be sent to [email protected] by the closing date.
Closing date is: 10:00 am on 23rd May 2022
Please note that late applications and CV’s will not be accepted
If your application is successful then Interviews will be on 7th June 2022.
Yorkshire MESMAC is committed to safeguarding all people involved in our services and carry out safer recruitment practices.
We are striving to be an equal opportunities employer, and as such we welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are a Disability Confident employer. (Charity no 1040407).
As a Disability Confident Employer we:
• Have undertaken and successfully completed the Disability Confident self-assessment • Are taking all of the core actions to be a Disability Confident employer • Are offering at least one activity to get the right people for our business and at least one activity to keep and develop our people.