MEWSo is a women’s charity run by and for women from ethnic minority communities. The majority of the communities we serve are from Middle Eastern, North African and Asian backgrounds.
About LGBTQ+ Project Volunteer
We’re looking for someone with a strong understanding of the needs of LGBTQ+ victims and survivors. You will be working directly with the LGBTQ+ Project Coordinator to strengthen the project and reach out to the community.
The below list is a guide for the kind of skills and experience we’d like you to have – but you don’t have to have it all to be considered.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, work quickly and be flexible.
- Knowledge of, or interest in, LGBT+ and/or anti-abuse policy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communications skills.
- Capacity to work independently and as part of a team.
At Mewso, we believe in equity and understand the importance of inclusion for staff with a wide range of lived experience. No matter your age, race, faith, orientation, gender identity, disability, or class, we want you to feel welcome here. We are committed to listening and learning, and to constant improvement. We believe it is our job to make sure that all our staff, particularly those from minoritised backgrounds, feel welcome, safe, and able to thrive at Mewso.