Allsorts Youth Project is looking to recruit an experienced, dynamic and knowledgeable LGBT+ Education Worker who can drive our three-year “Allsorts of Education” strategy forward to work with the team to;
- Provide a range of support to students who are LGBT+ or exploring their sexual orientation and/ or gender identity in secondary schools.
- Increase LGBT+ awareness, inclusion and safety in educational settings across Sussex, with an emphasise or recognising, challenging and reporting LGBT+ phobic incidents and bullying.
- Increase awareness & referrals of young people into the existing & emerging services, activities and opportunities.
- Ensure schools, and their staff, have the knowledge and confidence to provide high-quality LGBT+ student support in-house, for those students that do not have easy access to Allsorts Youth Project, due to geographical constraints or family resistance to them attending our services.
- Provide “paid for” specialist services and training to education settings that wish to have an ongoing relationship and support from Allsorts.
Hours of Work = 37 hours per week
Salary = £28,851 per annum (pro rata)
Term = Fixed for 1 year subject to passing probation
(Subject to funding thereafter)
Application Deadline = 8th August (6pm)
Shortlisted Applicants notified by email = 12th August (by 6pm)
Interviews (via Zoom) = 18th August, between 10am-5pm (time slot TBC)
Start Date = ASAP