akt is the UK’s national LGBTQ Youth Homelessness charity. We provide safe homes, mentoring, and support to ensure that no young person needs to choose between a safe home and being who they are. 24% of young people facing homelessness in the UK identify as LGBT (National Scoping of LGBT Youth Homelessness, akt, 2015) and 78% of LGBTQ+ young people cited an absence of family support (The LGBTQ+ Youth Homelessness Report, akt, 2021). The charity was founded in 1989 and operates service centres in London, Manchester, Newcastle, Bristol and works online through a Digital Service to offer support to young people outside of our four office regions. akt works with over 800 vulnerable young people a year providing both face to face and online assistance.
This role will sit within one of akt’s service centres as part of the Fundraising team and will be directly supervised by the Deputy CEO (who also leads income generation for the organisation). The akt fundraising team comprises of: Deputy CEO (London), Fundraising Manager – Annual Giving (London), Fundraising Manager – Acquisition and Community (London), Community Giving Coordinator (London; part-time), Supporter Care Officer (Manchester).
Please note we have one vacancy that can be based in either Manchester, London, Bristol or Newcastle.
The Fundraising Manager (Trusts & Legacy Giving) is responsible for the development and delivery of an annual plan to achieve a key portion of the organisation’s operating budget as well as developing long-term relationships with key funders to secure a pipeline of sustainable funding. The post-holder will work across the organisation to develop compelling cases for support for funders, whilst also managing a portfolio of larger trusts and foundations.
- Lead on the development of a dynamic trust fundraising programme and strategy to meet agreed annual targets and secure sustainable income through repeat and multi-year grants.
- Work with colleagues across the organisation to identify projects of interest to potential funders and develop attractive cases for support for use across all fundraising streams.
- Plan and implement a rolling programme of trust funding applications, ensuring a healthy balance of large and small, restricted and unrestricted funding applications to achieve the agreed income targets.
- Monitor income and expenditure targets and provide regular progress reports and updates on performance against target.
- Develop and manage high quality cultivation, engagement and stewardship plans for trust prospects and existing donors, collaborating with the DCEO, senior management and trustees to ensure networking opportunities are maximized.
- Coordinate and lead on the post-grant reporting needs of donors.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of akt’s fundraising strategy.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks as requested that are commensurate with the role.
Application deadline: midnight (12am) on 3rd March 2024
Interview date: 14th March 2024