We will only fund work that focuses on one of our priority groups:
Charitable trust or foundation
Registered charities that have been formally established for a minimum of three years and with a total annual expenditure of less than £40,000
Newly registered charities may apply but the organisation must have appointed a management committee and adopted a governing document at least 3 years ago.
We will fund running costs for up to three years. Grants are for a maximum of £3,000 per year.
Most of our grants are for more than one year because we like to fund ongoing needs. We prefer to make a grant when other funding is coming to an end. We prioritise:
• Work that is unattractive to the general public or unpopular with other funders
• Services that help to improve the lives of marginalised, disadvantaged or isolated people
• Applicants that can demonstrate an effective use of volunteers
• Charities that seek to be preventive and aim to change opinion and behaviour through raising awareness of issues, education and campaigning
• Applicants that can demonstrate (where feasible) an element of self-sustainability by charging subscriptions/fees to service users