They specifically fund LGBT+ communities and make grants under the following headings:
Some of these programmes close every now and then so please make sure to check their website.
Charitable trust or foundation
Small to medium community organisations in the UK. Check criteria for each of their funding areas.
Each funding area has different qualifying criteria, so check the guidance on their website.
Each funding area offers a different level of funding, so check the guidance of the following priorities on their website.
The Charity is looking to fund established organisations with a track record of delivering services directly to beneficiaries and want to fund work that enables:
– People from across the community to participate in activities that improve connectedness, opportunities and wellbeing
– People who are excluded, vulnerable or facing other forms of hardship to have access to community-based services that support positive lasting change
– A stronger, active, more engaged community
Strengthening Communities funding could be used to increase existing service provision, take on a new staff member, improve sustainability or cover small capital costs.
The Improving Lives grant programme provides grants to charitable organisations that help people when other sources of support have failed, are inappropriate, or are simply not available. The funding priorities are among other:
– Help at a critical moment: Helping people to rebuild their lives following a crisis, critical moment, trauma or abuse
– Positive choices: Helping people, whose actions or behaviours have led to negative consequences for themselves and others, to make positive choices
– Accommodation / housing support: Enabling people to work towards or maintain accommodation
– Employment and training: Supporting people to move towards employment
Improving Lives funding covers running costs, salaries and projects.
Each of their grant areas have different application guidelines, so please do check their website. It can take up to 6 months to hear whether you've been funded or not.