You are responsible to: Operations Manager
Your salary scale is: £23,877.50 – £26,325 per annum
(The Kite Trust’s usual practice is to appoint to the lower end of the advertised scale)
Your holiday entitlement is: 5 weeks PA plus statutory holidays
Your contract is: Permanent
Your hours are: Full time – 35 hours per week
Exact working pattern to be agreed between line manager and appointed candidate. The Kite Trust’s usual pattern is 8-hour days Mon-Thurs, 3 hours Friday morning.
Location: A mixture of home-based and office-based in Ely depending on preference of appointed candidate.
Purpose of Your Role
This position will provide high-level administrative support to the organisation to ensure that The Kite Trust delivers high quality and timely services. In addition, you will be responsible for assisting our CEO and Finance Officer with financial transactions, the sales and purchase ledgers, and reconciliations.
This role will also support the development and maintenance of various monitoring systems required to inform funding bids and reports.
- Responding to email and telephone enquiries in a timely manner.
- Data inputting into our CRM system Charity Log.
- Daily administration tasks such as opening post and managing stationery.
- Attending staff meetings and notetaking.
- Supporting the process for training and schools’ bookings.
- Maintaining and co-ordinating our subscriptions and memberships.
- General premises management including the ordering of general office supplies and ensuring health & safety compliance of the premises.
- Supporting the Youth Work administration where necessary.
- Recruitment support including some HR administration.
- Supporting management of the TKT library and resources.
- Updating the website with updated information as needed and requested.
- Equipment management for staffing.
- Supporting the wider team with administrative tasks.
- Supporting the CEO with the production, collation and distribution of board and committee documents.
- Minute-taking at quarterly board and monthly finance committee meetings.
- Undertaking coordination for the AGM, annual report and annual returns in association with other staff members.
- Minute-taking at the AGM.
- Charities Commission administration.
In conjunction with the Finance Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Inputting financial transactions into Quickbooks and other financial management apps.
- Managing and updating a purchase ledger and sales ledger.
- Bank account and petty cash reconciliation including the depositing of monies at bank.
- Audit proofing.
- Financial filing.
- Participate in regular supervision with the Operations Manager and additional individuals as assessed appropriate.
- Participate in continuous professional development opportunities as agreed with the Operations Manager.
Other Duties and Requirement of the Job
- From time to time you may be expected to undertake other duties to support the smooth running of The Kite Trust.