Welcome to this special e-bulletin, which is full of updates about what Consortium is doing to support our Members in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Support for the LGBT+ Sector
Over the last 2 weeks, Consortium has worked with over 100 staff and volunteers from a range of our Members. Drawing from Consortium’s 9 years experience of working remotely, the team will continue to work with Members, offering support and learning opportunities, as well as creating spaces for them to share their good practice and ideas.
We have created a webpage for our Members to find guidance and support, which is updated on a regular basis: consortium.lgbt/covid19
A Message from Consortium’s CEO
I am in awe at the speed at which so many of our Members have been able to adapt their service delivery model, and to share so many resources with each other. Thank you from Consortium for everything you are doing to keep LGBT+ people safe, protected and taking the pressure off frontline NHS and social care services.
Consortium has pulled together data on the early impact of Covid-19 on our sector and it makes for some stark reading. This isn’t data to just sit on a shelf, we are actively using it to ensure LGBT+ issues are not forgotten as systems come to grips with this crisis.
Rest assured my team are working tirelessly to support you all as best we can and I want to extend an additional thanks to them for everything they are doing to support you. Please do get in touch if you think we are missing something important. Keep up your amazing work and together we will get through this.
Data on the Impact of COVID-19
Here at Consortium, our priority is exploring how we can create and deliver support for our Members at this difficult time.
We recently conducted a survey, where we asked Members to tell us about any immediate impact the pandemic and subsequent Government lockdown is having on their work and organisation.
We have compiled this valuable data in a short report, which can be accessed via our Coronavirus Update page
What can Members do?
Encourage organisations and supporters to write to local MPs asking them to support efforts for a financial package from the Chancellor targeted for the voluntary sector.
We need to demonstrate what organisations are doing in their area for this crisis and to demonstrate the problems organisations are facing.
Share stories across social media, sharing with local and national media to highlight;
- What organisations are doing in response to COVID-19.
- Highlight any capacity or financial squeezes happening now or in the immediate future.
- Highlight any increase in activities as a result of the crisis.
- Please use #EveryDayCounts and #SaveOurCharities to help amplify national efforts.
- Also use #LGBT if possible so we can track activity.
- Tag the Chancellor @rishisunak and any local media outlets.
Our Webinars have been very popular over the last couple of weeks, so we are re-running some and hosting a few new ones we hope will be useful.
Self-Care and Support for Remote Workers
12:30 on Monday 6th April • Register here
The following Webinars can be booked through your Members Dashboard
- An Introduction to Social Media – 12:30 on Wednesday 15th April
- Finance – Good Practice – 12:30 on Monday 20th April
- Managing Simple Projects – 12:30 on Thursday 23rd April
- Diversity Series: Trans Inclusion – 12:30 on Monday 27th April
- Using Evidence in Funding Bids – 12:30 on Wednesday 29th April
Online Toolkits and Resources
Don’t forget we have a range of toolkits on offer, each toolkit comes with a range of webinars and templates.
You can also access a range of resources, guides, reports and research in our Resource Library through your Members Dashboard
- Contact one of our Engagement Officers by email or phone 020 7064 6500
- If you need to find other online or phone-based support, check out Consortium’s 360+ Members, who are listed here