Yorkshire MESMAC are recruiting a Mental Health & Wellbeing Coordinator in Rotherham (22 hours)
- To manage and develop Yorkshire MESMAC’s mental health & wellbeing offer in the Yorkshire region, with a focus on people from LGBT+ and BAME communities and People living with HIV.
- To identify and apply for funding streams to support Yorkshire MESMAC’s work in supporting positive mental health and wellbeing.
- To develop, manage and maintain Yorkshire MESMAC’s Mental Health and Wellbeing projects including the recruitment and management of counsellors.
- To build upon Yorkshire MESMAC’s LGBT+ sports and mental health and wellbeing work.
- To expand Yorkshire MESMAC’s portfolio of projects to include work on suicide prevention, tackling anxiety and depression and behaviours that impact on mental health e.g. drug & alcohol use, domestic violence etc.
Main duties & responsibilities
- To identify funding streams which support improved Mental Health and Wellbeing for Yorkshire MESMAC’s beneficiaries across the Yorkshire region.
- In conjunction with Senior Leadership Team, to write funding bids and grant applications to facilitate the growth of Yorkshire MESMAC’s Mental Health and Wellbeing offer.
- To be the lead point of contact within the organisation for Mental Health and Wellbeing.
- In conjunction with the Admin Team, maintain the administration systems and manage the budgets of Yorkshire MESMAC’s Mental Health and Wellbeing projects.
- To oversee and authorise expenses claims relating to Mental Health and Wellbeing projects.
- To participate in and develop appropriate networks and to support the wider Mental Health and Wellbeing infrastructure.
- To complete accurate, regular reports on Mental Health and Wellbeing projects to funders and other stakeholders in a timely manner.
Full details of the job and role responsibilities, along with a downloadable application form, please go to our website here: www.mesmac.co.uk/contact/vacancies/mental-health-wellbeing-coordinator
Location: Rotherham, although regular travel to all Yorkshire MESMAC sites will be required
Salary: NJC salary points 23 – 25 starting at £30,151 pro rata per annum for 22 hours per week. This is a 2 year fixed term contract. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check with barred list.
Closing date for completed application packs is 10:00 am on Thursday 15th December 2022.
If your application is successful then the proposed date for Interviews is Thursday 5th January 2023.
Yorkshire MESMAC are a group of independent community based sexual health and social wellbeing services that are committed to developing and delivering services that are responsive to the needs of our communities. We value diversity and are an equal opportunities employer, as well as a Disability Confident employer. Applications are welcome from all suitably skilled persons from all sections of the community.