In Leeds the Solidarity Network, with our NHS and local authority partners, have been awarded funds to deliver phase two of Healthy Communities Together (HCT). HCT is an exciting funding strand from the National Lottery Community Fund in collaboration with the Kings Fund; supporting systems change in health care services through VCS, NHS and local authority working together. We aim to move from transactional to mutual partnerships to impact and benefit marginalised communities of Leeds and improve poor health outcomes. The marginalised communities this project aims to ensure are involved in their health care are Gypsies and Travellers, Sex Workers, Asylum Seekers and Refugees and Trans+ communities. The Solidarity Network are: Leeds GATE, BASIS Yorkshire, LASSN and Yorkshire MESMAC.
We are seeking to appoint a Healthy Communities Together Comms Worker – Leeds (15 hours).
- To ensure that marginalised people in Leeds; specifically sex workers, Trans people, refugees and asylum seekers and Gypsies and Travellers have access to relevant, up-to-date, engaging, information about the Healthy Communities Together project progress and how they can be involved.
- To ensure that Health Professionals in Leeds have access to relevant, up-to-date, engaging information about the Healthy Communities Together project progress and how they can be involved.
- To reduce health inequalities experienced by marginalised communities in Leeds.
In this exciting post you will work with Comms teams from across the voluntary sector in Leeds as well as within the Leeds CCG and Leeds City Council teams ensuring marginalised communities’ voices are heard locally and nationally.
Please refer to the job description and person specification for full details of responsibilities and duties:
- To work with the HCT partnership learning lead, the Kings Fund and the HCT Systems change Coordinator to contribute to delivery of regular, up to date, engaging, audience specific, effective comms items to share learning locally and nationally about the Leeds HCT partnership and it’s progress.
- To promote the Leeds Healthy Communities Together partnership programmes of work to health professionals.
- To promote the training, learning, paid and other opportunities through which Experts by lived Experience can be involved in the project to marginalised communities
- To take the lead in developing online and wider media content e.g. videos, graphics, press releases, blogs.
- To work with freelance/voluntary/community creatives to develop HCT comms content including story-telling and graphic illustration.
Salary: NJC salary points 18-22 starting at £25,419 (pro rata for part-time hours). Contract is fixed term to 31st March 2025. Salary is reviewed annually. There is a 5% workplace pension (on completion of probationary period). This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS with barred lists check.
We will be holding an open event about this project recruitment on 25th May 6pm at Yorkshire MESMAC’s Leeds building or via zoom (event recording can be made available) email: [email protected] to book a place.
Completed applications to be sent to [email protected] by Closing date of 10:00am on Wednesday 8th June 2022.
Please note that late applications and CV’s will not be accepted. If your application is successful then Interviews will be held between 22 to 24 June 2022.
Yorkshire MESMAC value diversity and are an equal opportunities employer, as well as a Disability Confident employer. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons from all sections of our communities (Charity no 1040407).