Could you be part of our dynamic team in Leeds where we have an exciting opportunity for Digital Engagement Worker. You will work with a HIV, reproductive and sexual health team ensuring accessible health promotion messages reach those most at risk of poor sexual health. Yorkshire MESMAC is a group of independent community based sexual health and social wellbeing services that are committed to developing and delivering services that are responsive to the needs of our communities. We value diversity and are an equal opportunities employer, as well as a Disability Confident employer. Applications are welcome from all suitably skilled persons from all sections of the community.
Digital Engagement Worker in Leeds – 14 hours
- To ensure that people in Leeds: with focus on those from Most at Risk Populations (MARPs) have the knowledge, skills and resources to access appropriate HIV, reproductive and sexual health services.
- To utilise digital media and platforms, to reduce the incidence of HIV, STIs and unintended pregnancy in Leeds.
- To lead on the development of a sexual health information and support web resource for Leeds.
- To ensure professionals are equipped to refer appropriately to local sexual health services.
- To promote the services of Leeds Sexual Health and Yorkshire MESMAC using digital design skills.
- To ensure that service users have access to accurate information about the range of local sexual health services available.
Main responsibilities & Duties (list not exhaustive – please refer to the job description and person specification below for more details)
- To ensure digital content is comprehensive, current and accurate.
- To increase community reach on a variety of platforms e.g. Tik Tok, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram.
- To train staff and volunteers to use digital platforms in their health promotion activity.
- To promote Leeds Sexual Health and Yorkshire MESMAC’s programmes of work to professionals.
- To work with staff and partner agencies to develop online sexual health ‘self-assessment tools.’
- To take the lead in developing online media content e.g. videos, graphics.
- The ability to work flexible hours. This post requires some evening and weekend working.
Salary: NJC scale 6 (points 18 – 22) starting at £25,419 pro rata per annum for 14 hours per week. Contract is Permanent. Salary is reviewed annually. There is a 5% workplace pension (on completion of probationary period). This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS with barred lists check.
You may want to save/print the documents below if you submit an application as it may be useful if you are shortlisted for an interview.
Completed applications to be sent to [email protected] by the closing date 10:00 am on Thursday 9th June 2022.
Please note that late applications and CV’s will not be accepted.
If your application is successful then Interviews will be held on 23rd June 2022
Yorkshire MESMAC is committed to safeguarding all people involved in our services and carry out safer recruitment practices.