Yorkshire MESMAC are looking to engage a new team member to join our growing mental health and wellbeing team. In this part-time role spanning Leeds and Bradford areas you will work with two established Older LGBT+ peer support groups. These groups offer vital opportunities for Older LGBT+ folk to combat social isolation, meet up and have fun. Are you skilled in group facilitation and able to support them to the next stage of group development becoming self-running entities?
Yorkshire MESMAC is a group of independent community based sexual health and social wellbeing services that are committed to developing and delivering services that are responsive to the needs of our communities. We are seeking to appoint the following:
Community Development Worker- Older LGBT+ Adults, Leeds and Bradford – 15 hours per week
To decrease social isolation experienced by Older LGBT+ Adults in Bradford and Leeds.
To work with the Older LGBT+ groups in Leeds and Bradford, supporting the groups to self-sustainability to become a peer-led groups.
- To provide group development and peer development leadership support with the objective of transitioning the groups to self-sufficiently and self-governing.
- To co-facilitate Older and Bolder and the Sage group in Leeds and Bradford.
- To support project volunteers and peer leaders, including Older LGBT+ Adults, to take up roles including: group facilitator.
- To develop forums, groups and events that meet the needs of Older LGBT+ Adults.
Main responsibilities & Duties (list not exhaustive – please refer to the job description and person specification below for more details)
- To source or provide suitable group leadership development opportunities for peer group facilitators.
- To write funding bids with group leaders/facilitators to support self-sufficiency.
- To work in partnership with infrastructure support organisations e.g.: CABAD and VAL to develop/source these learning opportunities and access funds to support group self-sufficiency.
Salary: NJC scale 6 (points 18-22) starting at £25,419 – £27,514 (pro rata) per annum for 15 hours per week. Contract is one-year fixed term from start date. There is a 5% workplace pension and membership of Paycare Additions. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS with barred lists check.
CLOSING DATE IS: 17:00 PM ON 6TH JUNE 2022
Completed applications to be sent to [email protected] by the closing date.
Please note that late applications and CV’s will not be accepted
If your application is successful then Interviews will be on 20th June 2022.
Yorkshire MESMAC is committed to safeguarding all people involved in our services and carry out safer recruitment practices.
We are striving to be an equal opportunities employer, and as such we welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are a Disability Confident employer. (Charity no 1040407).
As a Disability Confident Employer we:
• Have undertaken and successfully completed the Disability Confident self-assessment • Are taking all of the core actions to be a Disability Confident employer • Are offering at least one activity to get the right people for our business and at least one activity to keep and develop our people.