Are you an empowering community leader who is passionate about LBQ women?
LGBT Foundation is recruiting for a Women’s Programme Co-ordinator to lead and manage delivery of our comprehensive Women’s Programme, which is funded by the OGX Hair Products and Assura. Our Women’s Programme, the only comprehensive programme of its kind in the country, is aimed at improving the health and wellbeing of lesbian, bisexual and queer (LBQ) women’s communities, and support their continued empowerment and engagement in their communities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading on capturing and disseminating the learning from the past years of LGBT Foundation’s Women’s Programme across all sectors to raise awareness of LBQ women’s experiences and needs.
- Networking and presenting with key decision makers to influence future provision and inclusion around LBQ women’s communities nationally.
- Coordinating a community leaders programme for LBQ women through coaching, training and access to resources.
- Working with LBQ women’s communities in the design and delivery of the programme.
- Developing a schedule of monthly workshops and annual events for LBQ women.
- Working with other LGBT Foundation directorates to share learning and increase accessibility and inclusion of LBQ women.
- Overseeing key communication outputs, including a monthly e-bulletin and meet-up account.
- Developing and promote health campaigns targeted specifically at LBQ women.
We are taking positive action to encourage applications from people of colour (PoC) and other racially minoritised communities, trans, non-binary and/or older people (aged 50+), to improve the representation of colleagues from these communities in our staff team.
* Trans is an umbrella & inclusive term used to describe people whose gender identity differs in some way from that which they were assigned at birth; including non-binary people, cross dressers and those who partially or incompletely identify with their sex assigned at birth.
Job Title: Women’s Programme Coordinator
Salary: £23,823 pro rata
Hours: 37 hours per week
Special Terms: End date 31st March 2022 (subject to continuation funding)
Reporting to: Community Programmes Manager
Accountable for: Sessional Workers, Volunteers. Bi Programme Sessional Worker
Closing Date: 9am on Monday 10th May 2021
Interview Date: Monday, 17th May 2021 via Zoom