Merton LGBT + Forum is looking for general volunteers who can demonstrate commitment to the organisation’s mission and aims and are enthusiastic about helping out with a broad range of work including administration, research, event planning and outreach.
You will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of and commitment to the broader LGBT+ community and, ideally, that locally or in south London
- Computer literacy incl MS Office with access to your own laptop
- Good administrative skills
- That you are a team-player with a friendly and outward personality
- That, ideally, you have some experience of project or event management and/or basic finance and/or fundraising
Tasks could include:
- Liaison with the Chair and other volunteers regarding research needs and reporting
- Support to the Treasurer on funding bids and finance
- Liaison with local service providers and authorities
- Assisting the Forum’s key officers with administration
- Oversight of general emails to the Forum and co-ordination of responses
- Maintenance, with the Communications Manager, of the Forum’s electronic files and folders via the Cloud so that they are accessible to all with the appropriate access
- Helping organise and run local events and meetings
- Assisting with the production of meeting agendas, supporting papers and minutes
We are also looking for 2 new officers to join our committee:
The Treasurer would additionally be responsible for running our bank account, maintaining full accounting records (ie income & expenditure, a balance sheet and cash-flow analysis), budgeting and working with other Forum officers on fundraising bids. For this position you would also need to demonstrate both financial skills and practice.
The Social Secretary would additionally be responsible for organising and overseeing an annual programme of social events and activities, some on a regular basis and others on an annual or one-off basis. For this position you would need also need to demonstrate good external relationship and marketing skills plus some experience of similar work.