We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic volunteer to join our friendly team.
In this role, you will support the TranSutton Project Leader.
Help maintain her schedule, emails and meetings and have details and knowledge of current work.
Be able to resource support and inform others of how they can get more involved in our work.
Keep an eye on social media and the trans section on the website.
This role would suit someone who is passionate about Trans issues and has a good understanding of communication with the community in both oral and written formats.
Tasks will include:
- Support communication for all the TranSutton projects and their online events.
- Liaising with the Team Leader, the board of Sutton LGBTQ+ Forum, and local authorities with any matters that arise.
- Source stories for the TranSocial page on the forum website and e-newsletter.
- Ensure the TranSutton page has up-to-date information and advice for the trans community by liaising with the Forum team.
- Support ideas and projects to help us extend our reach & visibility.
- Provide communications support at both TranSutton and Sutton LGBTQ+ Forum events.
- Sutton resident or with a strong understanding of Suttons community and venues along with local issues.
- IT and social media skills including Instagram, Twitter.
- Knowledge of social media platforms.
- Ability to write crisp, jargon-free stories.
- Punctual and well organised.
- Ability to work from home.
- Ability to work with people, including volunteers, who may have a variety of long-term conditions.
- Ability to work flexibly within a team.
- Experience in developing engaging social media content to increase audiences/visibility.
This is an incredible learning opportunity for keen and energetic individuals who are looking for experience and wish to work in this field, not to mention a chance to work with our dynamic, innovative, and expanding forum.
Email us at: email@example.com giving us a brief description of your volunteering experience and why you would like to volunteer for the Forum.