We are looking for someone who lives either in Sutton or one of its neighbouring boroughs (Croydon, Merton, Epsom, and Reigate ) or has a good understanding of the area to support the chair with communications and social media.
You will maintain and help support the forums communications via various media sources and emails (website/Twitter and Facebook)
Working with the chair and other volunteers to keep people informed of what is going on, what is new happening and liaising with the local authorities and local organisation to ensure Sutton LGBTQ+ Community has a voice within Sutton.
You will assist with broadcast messages for future events and projects.
You will be required to attend the team meetings in London (every four months where possible) and will be supporting the small team of volunteers at the Forum.
Tasks will include:
- To support the Sutton LGBTQ+ Forum and TranSutton with social posts including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Keep up to date with following the LGBTQ trends and issues in the media and ensure the forum is present and update with these.
- Keep the board and team informed of current issues.
- Ensure the forum has strong social media activity.
- Help with website updates supporting the chair with requests from local organisations needing help/advice.
Email us at: email@example.com giving us a brief description of your volunteering experience and why you would like to volunteer for the Forum and we will send an application form to you which will need two references.