We are looking for a dymanic and enthusiastic volunteer to join our friendly team and support our board and our TranSutton Team Leader with the day-to-day duties of running this new project. To ensure their diary is kept up to date, know what we are currently working on, where to get support and how to inform others of how they can get more involved in our work. This role would suit someone who is passionate about Trans issues and has a good understanding of communication to the community in both oral and written formats.
Tasks will include:
- Support communication for all the TranSutton projects and its online events.
- Liaising with the Team Leader, the board of Sutton LGBTQ+ Forum, and local authorities with any matters that arise.
- Source and write stories for the TranSocial page on the forum website and e-newsletter.
- Ensure the TranSutton page has up-to-date information and advice for the trans community by liaising with the Forum team.
- Support ideas and projects to help us extend our reach & visibility.
- Provide communications support at both TranSutton and Sutton LGBTQ+ Forum events.
- Sutton resident (or neighboring borough) with a strong understanding of Suttons community and their issues.
- IT and social media skills including Instagram, Twitter.
- Knowledge of emerging social media platforms.
- Ability to write crisp, jargon-free stories.
- Punctual and well organised.
- Ability to work from home.
- Ability to turn complex government or NHS information into public-friendly communications.
- Ability to work with people, including volunteers, who may have a variety of long-term conditions.
- Ability to work flexibly within a team.
- Experience in developing engaging social media content to increase audiences/visibility.
This is an incredible learning opportunity for keen and energetic individuals who are looking for experience and wish to work in this field, not to mention a chance to work with our dynamic, innovative, and expanding forum.