The post holder will help to deliver a speech and language therapy service, also known as “voice coaching”, and “voice & communication” for trans people at the Indigo Gender service in Greater Manchester
Under the direct and indirect supervision of qualified speech and language therapy staff. The post requires a flexible working pattern, with some longer days and weekend working.
We particularly welcome applicants who identify as Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME), trans and/or older (50+) as colleagues from these backgrounds are currently underrepresented in our organisation.
* Trans is an umbrella and inclusive term used to describe people whose gender identity differs in some way from that which they were assigned at birth; including non-binary people, people who cross dress, and those who partially or incompletely identify with their sex assigned at birth.
We are open to flexible home working if you are using gender identity services and therefore have regular appointments.
Job Title:Speech and Language Therapy Assistant
Salary:£20,953 (+10% pension)
Special Terms: Fixed term 2 years
Accountable to: Speech and Language Therapist
Your responsibilities will include:
- Pre-referral and referral and administration
- Assessment and intervention
- Client records and confidential information
- Mode and location of delivery of the service
- Health and safety
- Timing of service delivery
- Professional responsibilities
- Diversity and providing accessible services
- Supervision, support and Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Research and service development
- Student training and supervision
- IT skills
Please contact us for an informal chat about this post. We understand that working for an LGBT organisation could impact on your identity, community and/or culture. If you would like to discuss this or any aspect of the role further, please contact Charlotte Cooke on 0345 3 30 30 30.
Closing date: 3rd November 2020 – 9am