MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB
To develop the service for lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and questioning (LGBT+) young people in DORSET. The project’s aim is to engage with LGBT+ young people to support them and enable them to develop healthy lifestyles, life skills, have fun and realise their full potential in a group work environment.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- To facilitate the review / continuation / set-up of groups in various locations in DORSET.
- To engage and youth work directly with LGBT+ young people.
- To promote youth participation in projects.
- To facilitate youth led programme planning.
- To carry out 121 sessions.
- To help assess the young people’s needs, assist development and measure their outcomes.
- To work flexibly to meet the needs of young people. This will involve evening/weekend work.
- To oversee, support and supervise volunteers.
- To promote the service to other agencies.
- To monitor and evaluate the project.
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the post as required by the Space Youth Project Manager and Trustees.
Please email [email protected] for further information and an application form!