- Advising UK Parliamentarians on LGBT+ on policy issues
- Managing the APPG’s inbox.
- Liaising with groups/personnel at Westminster, with APPG members and officers, and the general public on behalf of the APPG as necessary.
- Providing briefings and material to be used by Parliamentarians in speeches in the House and in Committee hearings.
- Monitoring Hansard, national, and international media, and upcoming legislation for opportunities for the APPG to advance LGBT+ rights both in the UK and globally.
- Undertaking research on complex subjects, defining and organising research priorities and meetings.
- Assisting with communications, social media and the website.
- Drafting articles for local, national, and international publications.
- Strong knowledge of LGBT+ rights and affairs
- A keen interest in UK politics and current affairs
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Great flexibility in responding to events
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Strong research and IT skills
- An ability to deal with enquiries in a personable manner and to work well within a small team of colleagues
- Fundraising experience and previous policy work experience, especially international setting, would be advantageous.
The post holder will be employed by Kaleidoscope Trust but will be exclusively dedicated to supporting the work of the APPG on Global LGBT rights. Kaleidoscope Trust is a London-based NGO dedicated to promoting and advancing equality and human rights of LGBT people internationally.
Closing Date: 14 June 2021
Interviews will be conducted on Thursday 17th and Friday 18th June.