Are you passionate about creating support for QTIPOC communities? Do you like talking to people from different backgrounds? Can you deliver engaging workshops and training sessions? Do you want to help make the world a better place for LGBT people?
QTIPOC – Queer, Trans, Intersex, People of Colour
LGBT Foundation is looking for a QTIPOC Programme Co-ordinator who will establish a programme of support specifically for queer, trans and intersex people of colour. You will develop and maintain relationships with community groups and organisations working with people of colour, and create and run events for QTIPOC.
This role would ideally suit someone with lived experience as the role focusses on engagement with LGBT people of colour
We also particularly welcome applicants who are trans and/or over 50, as colleagues from these backgrounds are currently underrepresented in our organisation.
* Trans is an umbrella and inclusive term used to describe people whose gender identity is different in some way from the gender they were assigned at birth; including non-binary people, cross dressers and all those who partially or incompletely identify with their sex assigned at birth.
Job Title: QTIPOC Programme Co-ordinator
Salary: £14,294 (£23,823 pro rata) + 10% Pension
Hours: 22.2 hours (0.6)
Special Terms: Fixed Term for 1 year, includes some evening and weekend working patterns
Accountable to: Assistant Director of Inclusion
Accountable for: Sessional workers & volunteers
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain relationships with community groups and organisations serving people of colour
- Development of resources targeting a range of different stakeholders
- Develop a QTIPOC programme of support specifically for LGBT people of colour
- Develop and deliver a range of workshops to empower QTIPOC and allies to be more confident in tackling systemic racism
Please contact us for an informal chat about this post. We understand that working for an LGBT organisation could impact on your identity, community and/or culture. If you would like to discuss this or any aspect of the role further, please contact Rob Cookson – Deputy Chief Executive on 0345 3 30 30 30.
Closing date: 23rd November 2020 – 9am
Interviews: 3rd December 2020