Programme Advisory Group Call for Members!
We are seeking a diverse group of individuals with knowledge and experience of different aspects of the economy to join our Programme Advisory Group; to review and provide advice on first stage applications to our grants programme.
This is an opportunity to help us shape our programme which seeks to uncover the ideas and collaborations that could change our economy into a fairer and more sustainable one. You will be exposed to a range of interesting ideas, make connections with new people and learn more about how funding processes work.
We are particularly interested in people with the following knowledge and expertise:
- ‘Lived experience’ of being marginalised in economic policy issues and/or of addressing systemic structural inequalities. This means a special focus on those who hold social identities across racialisation, class, gender, disability, age, faith, sexuality, age, class and geographic location.
- Communications or journalistic understanding of creating narratives, story telling and public messaging about complex issues.
- Non-mainstream perspectives on the economy (e.g. decolonial; ecological; green/recovery; feminist, foundational).
- Local economic issues, be that from a Local Authority perspective or community coalitions that take on wider projects, or another funder.
- Experience from within a community that will be directly affected by the transition of industry/energy (e.g changing to renewables, or automisation).
- The transition to a low carbon economy.
- Democratising land-based assets, and the link between local economies/ communities and land use and national policy.
We are also keen to recruit members from across the four nations of the UK and would encourage applications from people based in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.