Role Type: Unpaid Voluntary
Length of Term: Up to 2 years
Closing date: Ongoing
Overview of Role
- Overseeing new membership sign ups at each Annual General Meeting, providing and gathering membership forms and donations.
- Maintaining an up-to-date register of members and register of interests, which should be available to any other Director upon request.
- Supporting the Volunteer Officer to maintain an up-to-date register of volunteers, which should be available to any other Director upon request.
- Ensuring that Oxford Pride Group follows the UK Data Protection Act 2018 for the above and for all other storage of data, including promptly responding to queries about data, and requests to access rights to data.
- Coordinating correspondence with all members, including the advertisement of all meetings and provision of agendas.
- Taking minutes at all General Meetings, Board of Trustee Meetings, and the Annual General Meeting, and promptly circulating them to relevant members (this role may be delegated in the case of illness, exceptional circumstances, holiday, or other suitable agreed reason).
- Working with the Treasurer and the Chair to ensure the financial regulations and contracts are adhered to in line with Company Law, Charity Law, and the Policies of the charity.
- Listed as the Company Secretary and a Director on Companies House.
- Being available throughout the annual Parade Day to answer any queries and to be in charge of any donations taken on the day (excluding in the case of illness or other exceptional circumstances).
- Must attend all Board of Trustee Meetings (excluding in the case of illness, exceptional circumstances, holiday, or other suitable agreed reason).
- Must assist the Chair in overseeing all activities of the Group.
How to apply
Please complete an application form.