As Opening Doors’ Trans and Non-Binary Engagement Officer, you will review current services to help shape future direction, help develop events and groups that are accessible and safe for people from these communities and promote and strengthen the relationship between OD and trans and non-binary+ people. This role will also involve working alongside the OD team and volunteers to develop new initiatives to meet the needs of trans and non-binary+ people in reducing social isolation, loneliness and improving health and wellbeing.
- Bring lived experience of being trans or non-binary to the role
- Understand the diversity and needs of trans and non-binary+ people and LGBTQ+ people aged over 50
- Understand the impact of intersectionality on trans and non-binary people
- Have experience of setting up and running groups
- Have experience of managing volunteers
- Be creative and self-motivating
We believe that strength comes from diversity of lived experience. We positively welcome applications from underrepresented communities. Appointments are based on merit.
Hours: 14 hours per month – we are actively applying for additional funds for this post to increase the hours
Salary: £16.12 per hour (pay award pending)
Contract Type: 12 months Fixed Term Contract (sessional)
Closing date: midnight Sunday 28th May 2023
Interview dates: 13th June 2023 – interviews may be in-person or online – you will be notified if you are called for interview