If you are interested in supporting our training team offering LGBTQ training to a variety of organisations across the UK then we have a volunteering opportunity for you. If you have experience of delivering training that would be great, but even if not, we will support you through our in-house training. You will be a valued member of our team of trainers as part of our standard LGBTQ+ awareness training, plus optionally supporting the delivery of more advanced and bespoke sessions.
What you will do:
- Work cooperatively with the Opening Doors Training Team to deliver our official training programmes to our customers and other engaged partners.
- Deliver training as part of a training team when you are available.
- Undertake Opening Doors training on course delivery, and briefings.
- You will be a valued member of our team of trainers as part of our standard LGBTQ+ awareness training, plus optionally supporting the delivery of more advanced and bespoke sessions, including sessions on pronouns, Trans identities and Non-Binary, LGBTQ+ history, and managing services for LGBTQ+ people over 50.
- This role does not require any formal training qualifications, however, a friendly approach and ability to engage with others who deliver services to older LGBTQ+ people is required. Please note that successful applicants will not be required to lead training unless they have relevant experience and feel confident enough to do so, and that all course material is provided and is accessible and deliverable.
What you will get:
- A rewarding community experience.
- The chance to meet and support members of our LGBTQ+ fifty plus communities, as well as other volunteers.
- The chance to gain or develop community facilitating skills.
- Full training and support from Opening Doors.