Opening Doors co-facilitates a drop-in with London Friend at their premises in central London, and we are looking for volunteers to support this.
What you will do:
- Work alongside other volunteers to ensure the smooth running of each session.
- Provide a warm welcome to members and initiate group discussion/activities.
- Ensure that the more isolated/vulnerable service users feel included in the group – never underestimate “chatting” with members as an essential duty.
- Record details of attendees and report these back to staff after each session and report on key themes and/or any issue.
- Liaise with London Friend staff and maintaining our working relationship with them.
- Help clear away at the end of each session where necessary.
What you’ll get:
- A rewarding community experience.
- The chance to meet and support members of our LGBTQ+ fifty plus communities, as well as other volunteers.
- The chance to gain or develop community facilitating skills.
- Full training and support from Opening Doors.