We are looking to recruit a dynamic, creative and experienced Ambassador Development Officerwho will work with and support our Ambassadors to ensure the voices of LGBTQ+ people over 50 are not only heard within the Opening Doors London (ODL), but by the wider public. We want to ensure the diverse and intersectional needs of LGBTQ+ people over 50 are heard and contribute towards addressing social isolation and loneliness and enhancing health and wellbeing.
Purpose of the job
The Ambassador Development Officer will lead the development of the Ambassador Programme at Opening Doors; whilst being specifically responsible for identifying and creating spaces for the voices of LGBTQ+ people over 50 to be heard and listened to.
The Ambassador Development Officer will do this by:
- Supporting Ambassadors to feel comfortable in sharing their stories and experiences through training, coaching and encouragement
- Identifying ways for their voices to be heard by working in collaboration with colleagues across the charity
- The promotion of and recruitment to the Ambassador Programme to diverse ranges of LGBTQ+ people over 50 to ensure those voices that are often marginalised are given the space and opportunity to be heard
Main duties and responsibilities
- Development and delivery of ODL’s Ambassador Development programme
- Communications and Marketing
- Relationship Development
- Monitoring and Evaluation
Closing date: 5pm on Thursday 29th July.