Our events are managed by a team of students who sit on the National Student Pride Committee. The members apply to join from across universities in the UK.
We’re looking for someone to be our NSP Committee Coordinator, who can support our student volunteers who help bring these events to life each year.
This is a paid, part-time position. Further details can be found on the application form through the link.
What will I be doing in this role?
As NSP Committee Experience Coordinator you will:
- Manage the student committee of 25-30 LGBT+ volunteers across the UK and ensuring everyone is informed, enthused, and on track in their responsibilities.
- Support the promotion, coordination and delivery of a portfolio of events which will enhance the student experience and engagement for all NSP Student Committee members.
- Leading on activities with students, to help foster a sense of community, whilst supporting their wellbeing, including learning and development opportunities for the committee.
- Managing the administration and organisation of the NSP Student Committee including monitoring meetings as relevant, ensuring that all actions are followed up in a timely manner, managing team expenses.
- Act as the key contact point for NSP Student Committee members and support with problems which may affect their ability to engage and pastoral support or signposting as required.
- Monitor enquiries via email, social media or in person to ensure enquiries are dealt with as swiftly as possible.
- Empower and mentor the student co-chairs to run committee meetings and shadow the Chairs as necessary (generally Wednesday evenings, 19:00-21:00, hybrid).
- Report to Directors on a regular basis to agreed time frames.
- Working with the Co-chairs to delegate key tasks to the student committee to organise the National Student Pride festival 2023.
- Manage the post-event feedback and reviews with both the attendees of the event as well as the committee.
- Build relationships and provide support across the UK fostering relationships with Universities and Colleges.