Come and join our team in Hull, where we have a great opportunity for a Finance & Administration Worker. Bring your skills in administration and finance, and your enthusiasm, to help our organization improve the health of marginalised people that we work with.
Job Purpose: To assist in the provision of a range of financial, HR and administrative services which support the work of Yorkshire MESMAC, with emphasis on work in Hull.
Main Tasks & Duties (list not exhaustive – please refer to the job description and person specification for full details)
- To make payments using agreed procedures.
- To pay expenses to staff and volunteers according to agreed procedures.
- To operate the petty cash accounting and transaction system.
- To accurately record and update financial records on QuickBooks, and the server, as and when required.
- To work with the Finance Administration Manager in reporting against project budgets to the local Budget holder.
- To ensure all telephone calls taken are answered promptly, and messages taken and recorded, in the absence of service user facing staff.
- Maintain and update personnel files using the online HR system, including contracts, training, holidays, timesheets.
- Administrate the recruitment of staff and related systems.
- To produce reports against Key Performance Indicators, via the online monitoring system by extracting and manipulating data to deadlines.
- To provide admin support for meetings both internal and external to the organisation including arranging dates and locations, preparing agendas, taking minutes, filing and the distribution of relevant papers, where appropriate.
- To assist the building manager to maintain office equipment and liaise with suppliers regarding maintenance and supplies in Hull excluding computers.
- To assist with Health and Safety checks of the Hull building, where necessary, including regular fire safety checks.
- To assist with coordination of events and conferences.
Salary: NJC salary points 12 – 17 starting at £22,571 per annum for 37 hours per week. Salary is reviewed annually. There is a 5% workplace pension (on completion of probationary period). This post is subject to a Standard DBS check.
Completed application packs to be sent to [email protected] by the closing date. Please note that late applications and CV’s will not be accepted.
Closing date for completed applications is 10:00 am on Friday 25th November 2022.
If your application is successful then Interviews will be held in Hull on Wednesday 7th December 2022.
Yorkshire MESMAC is a group of independent community based sexual health and social wellbeing services that are committed to developing and delivering services that are responsive to the needs of our communities. We value diversity and are an equal opportunities employer, as well as a Disability Confident employer. Applications are welcome from all suitably skilled persons from all sections of the community.