We are looking for an enthusiastic social media volunteer to join our friendly team and support our board to ensure the public, members and volunteers understand our role and what we do for the LGBT+ community. To ensure they are updated via the various social media streams on what we are working on, where to get support and how they can get more involved in our work. This role would suit someone who is passionate about LGBT+ issues and has a good understanding of how us best use the various social media streams available to connect to the community in these formats.
Tasks will include:
- Support communications for all Merton LGBT+ Forum projects and events.
- Liaising with the board, communications manager, and local authorities with updates to be published via social media.
- Source and write stories for social media and when possible the e-newsletter.
- Support engaging social media content.
- Support ideas and projects to help us extend our reach & visibility.
- Provide communications support at our events.
- IT and social media skills including Instagram, Twitter.
- Knowledge of emerging social media platforms.
- Experience of developing engaging social media content to increase audiences/visibility.
- Ability to write jargon-free stories and updates.
- Punctual and well organised.
- Ability to work from home.
- Merton resident or strong understanding of Merton’s community and issues.
- Ability to work with people, including other volunteers, who may have a variety of long-term conditions.
- Ability to work flexibly within a team.
This is an incredible opportunity for keen and energetic individuals who are looking for experience and wish to work in this field, not to mention a chance to work with our dynamic, innovative, and expanding forum. When applying please enter “MERTON” in the title as we are posting this position on behalf of them.