We are looking for an enthusiastic volunteer to join our friendly team and support our board and our Chairperson with the day to day duties of this forum. To ensure they know what we are working on, where to get support and how they can get more involved in our work. This role would suit someone who is passionate about LGBT issues and has a good understanding of communication to the community in both oral and written formats.
Tasks will include:
- Support communication for all the Merton LGBT Forum and its online content and events.
- Liaising with the Chairperson and local authorities with any matters that arise.
- Source and write stories for the Forum FB page and the forum website and e-newsletter.
- Ensure the Forum website page has up to date information and advice for the LGBT community by liaising with the London LGBT Network.
- Support ideas and projects to help us extend our reach & visibility.
- Provide communications support at all Merton LGBT+ Forum events.
- IT and social media skills including Instagram, Twitter.
- Knowledge of emerging social media platforms.
- Experience of developing engaging social media content to increase audiences/visibility.
- Ability to write crisp, jargon-free stories.
- Punctual and well organised.
- Ability to work from home.
- Ability to turn complex government or NHS information into public-friendly communications.
- Merton resident or strong understanding of Merton’s community and issues.
- Ability to work with people, including volunteers, who may have a variety of long-term conditions.
- Ability to work flexibly within a team.
This is an incredible learning opportunity for keen and energetic individuals who are looking for experience and wish to work in this field, not to mention a chance to work with our dynamic, innovative and expanding forum. When applying for this role please add “MERTON” to you title as we are posting this position on behalf of Merton LGBT Forum.