Please note when emailing please state MERTON LGBTQ in the title.
We are looking for an enthusiastic communications volunteer to join our friendly team and support our board to ensure the public, members and volunteers understand our role and what we do for the LGBTQ+ community To ensure they know what we are working on, where to get support and how they can get more involved in our work. This role would suit someone who is passionate about LGBTQ+ issues and has a good understanding of communication to the community in both oral and written formats. Tasks will include:
- Support communication for all Merton LGBT Forum projects and events.
- Liaising with the chair, board, and local authorities with public relation matters.
- Source and write stories for our website, social media and e-newsletter.
- Write and support engaging website content.
- Write and support engaging social medial content.
- Support ideas and projects to help us extend our reach & visibility.
- Provide communications support at our events.
- IT and social media skills including Instagram, Twitter.
- Knowledge of emerging social media platforms.
- Experience of developing engaging social media content to increase audiences/visibility.
- Ability to write crisp, jargon-free stories.
- Punctual and well organised.
- Ability to work from home and have a good knowledge of the London Borough of Merton and its local organisations and businesses.
- Ability to turn complex government or NHS information into public-friendly communications.