The young people, children and families that we support are at the heart of everything we do at Mermaids. The work that we do has significantly expanded and we now need a highly effective and experienced IT & Systems Support to assist in managing and supporting IT problems, staff training and configuration.
Mermaids is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from those with lived experiences (directly or indirectly) and/or close ties to the LGBTQ+ community. We actively support and encourage people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us and shape what we do. We are particularly keen to receive applications from BPOC (black and people of colour) and/or disabled and trans candidates.
- To oversee Mermaids systems, software, and associated technology to ensure the delivery of services to agreed availability and performance levels.
- To ensure the continued safety and security of service user data and Mermaid’s systems.
- Create and implement processes that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the operation and management of our IT and systems.
- Work with the Fundraising team to develop the charity’s fundraising capability through the use of IT systems.
- Work with our IT Manager to help assist staff with general day to day IT queries, file management and password resets.
- To support the smooth onboarding of new staff in terms of access to Mermaids IT & systems.
- Assist with day-to-day IT administration tasks within Mermaids.
- Testing, troubleshooting, and modifying information systems so that they operate effectively.
- Management of our IT Helpdesk and ticketing system.
- Management of CRM systems, including data protection, cleansing, segmentation, and reporting.
- Processing and managing donation data and management of regular gifts, including importing, analysis and management of data from external fundraising platforms e.g., JustGiving, Virgin Money Giving.
- Training, and upskilling current and new members of the team onto Mermaids new and existing systems.
- Providing user helpdesk support, advice, and feedback.
- Responsible for data import and export, data analysis including prospect and donor segmentation.
- Be responsible for how we capture gift aid ensuring we are maximising this revenue stream.
- Creating and maintaining a monthly and annual cycle of scheduled tasks for data management to ensure database accuracy (e.g., updates, ‘cleaning’ data held in the system, checking for data anomalies).
- Knowledge of GDPR is a necessary component of managing data. The candidate will need to have, or gain, knowledge of GDPR for this purpose and apply it to their work to ensure compliance with its precepts.
- Producing documents for staff (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.).
- Filing of documents and folder management.
- Ad-hoc administrative duties when required for all departments.
- Training and upskilling existing and new members of staff on projects and database work.
- Responsible for data management compliance in accordance with GDPR ensuring the charity are always adhering to best practice.
- Ongoing remote desktop support.
This is an outline role description and may be subject to change in consultation with the post holder.
Application forms are available via our website. Application forms must be completed in full. CVs alone will not be considered.