London Friend is looking for Volunteer Counsellors to support the provision of our counselling services and our mental health work in the capital’s LGBTQ+ community.
We’re looking for volunteer counsellors who identify as LGBTQ+ to provide counselling sessions to LGBTIQ people and for those who may be questioning their sexuality or gender identity.
We’d love to hear from you if you identify as LGBTQ+ and can demonstrate:
- Experience in counselling training or provision.
- Have achieved a minimum of 2nd year of a recognised, accredited counselling diploma course.
- At least 30 hours of experience of supervised counselling practise prior to application.
- An awareness of issues affecting LGBT people.
- An awareness of issues associated with problematic drug and/or alcohol use.
- Candidates who do not fulfil all of the criteria but have demonstrable relevant experience and identify as LGBT may be considered.
- Due to the nature of our work, we cannot offer volunteer positions to anyone with a personal history of addiction unless they completed rehabilitation/ceased drug or alcohol misuse for a minimum of two years.
- We particularly encourage applications from people of colour, trans and non-binary people to help us best reflect our communities.