Are you an enthusiastic and process driven individual with a passion for volunteering, community and wellbeing?
LGBT Foundation is looking for a Volunteer Manager to lead their volunteer programme as a part of “Team People” at LGBT Foundation.
- To deliver LGBT Foundation’s Volunteer Vision, focussing on the principles of ‘Recruit, Reward & Retain’
- Deliver ongoing volunteer strategies which adapt to external circumstances
- To manage the administration of volunteers’ statutory paperwork, prior to their commencement (DBS checks, confidentiality agreements etc.)
- To ensure that there is sufficient volunteer resource for all activities across LGBT Foundation.
- To enable volunteers of LGBT Foundation to have a positive, impactful and beneficial volunteering experience.
- To ensure volunteers are encouraged to continue donating their time by implementing effective and efficient administration processes.
- To ensure volunteering is embedded across the whole organisation, working closely with colleagues to facilitate this.
- To manage a comprehensive programme of learning and development across all volunteer opportunities.
- To ensure that volunteers’ wellbeing is maintained throughout external challenges to their resilience.
- To line manage the volunteer officers in ‘Team People’, giving guidance around volunteering, and ensuring the volunteer journey is as smooth as possible.
We are taking positive action to encourage applications from people of colour (PoC) and other racially minoritised communities, trans, non-binary and/or older people (aged 50+), to improve the representation of colleagues from these communities in our staff team.
* Trans is an umbrella & inclusive term used to describe people whose gender identity differs in some way from that which they were assigned at birth; including non-binary people, cross dressers and those who partially or incompletely identify with their sex assigned at birth.
Salary: £30,514 (+10% Pension)
Special Terms: Full Time (37 hours per week) – Permanent
Reporting to: Director of Operations
Accountable for: Volunteer Officer(s) and Volunteers
Closing Date: 9am – 2nd August 2021
Interviews: W/C 9th August 2021 via Zoom / or in Person in Manchester
In the application, we will be asking you to answer 4 questions based upon your knowledge, understanding and experience so we can shortlist and evaluate whether you the right person for this role. You can choose to answer these as a written submission OR video / audio format (nothing fancy, just using your phone is fine).